Saturday, February 14, 2015

LSPM: Rant on Kellie's Castle, Batu Gajah, Perak

Assalamualaikum.

p/s: My older Sister, Farah laughed when I said Batu Gajah. She thought I was mencarut as she never heard and never know that there's place in the Earth called Batu Gajah.

On 7th February which is a week ago, my family consist of my parents, little sister, Granny and I went to Ipoh Perak for my EduCamp at UTP and we paid a visit to my Mum's eldest Sister who is currently living in Ipoh Perak. It was a short trip where we only spent two days there including traveling hours. Can you believe how short the trip was as traveling from Kuantan to Tronoh is about 7 hours?

Well, as the trip is not for holiday, suddenly my sister kept talking about Kelly Kelly and I wasn't heard before - what the hell is that?
And again, suddenly when my parents done fetching me at UTP after the educamp was done, she started her stomachache. I wasn't wether it was seriously period pain or "something". And when we arrived at Mak Long's house for lunch, she still, with her stomachache. But then, she can still eat couple number of fried chicken. Haha. So, seeing that my sister was ill, Dad decided to go to Kellie's Castle that is located in Batu Gajah; where we took an exit from Taman Sri Desa to the Highway, and further driving until we reached Batu Gajah.

When we was there, it was about 3 o'clock. Can you imagine how hot was that moment? Well, Batu Gajah is Perak, further far away from East Penisular (Pahang and Terengganu is having a cold temperature and currently windy )

We went there and go to the ticket counter.
RM4 untuk warga emas
RM5 untuk orand dewasa 12>

We started to walk around the castle, it is huge and, well, fantastic. My enthusiasm to explore the castle increased 85% from 60%(because of the weather and tiredness after the educamp. Testing your brain is seem to make you tired morecompare to physically tested. Trust me. I'm an engineer).
 And of course, we were free to take pictures. So we took atleast thousands of pictures to be saved as memories. Momentos.

The castle is know as hunted Castle and 'hunted' made this castle to be more popular. And there is load and lots of sort of information that are informative about Kellie's family, assets, his remaining in London, his wealthiness, what happened when he died, about Buddhist, his religion, Catholic, wife, rooms and etc.You will find out that this 3-4 floor castle is spectacular, especially regarding it' rooms, and some sort of hidden rooms for his children and etc. And of course, about the history in Tanah Melayu. They owned about THREE THOUSAND hectars of land, y'know...
Then,
Let's scroll down and move on with the pictures...!
Me at the stairs. Opposite with Kandang Kuda.

Little Sis.

Some of left err... buildings?


This castle have stairs that directly from third-floor-master-bedroom to outside of the house? Yeah. Amazing.


My sis and I

View from exit of the castle

No comments:

Post a Comment